Olive oil is heavenly! It can add flavor to different types of foods, and it’s best for your health. There are so many health benefits of olive oil that you shouldn’t skip. So, you might want to consider adding olive oil to your diet. Here are some of its benefits:
The Benefits of Olive Oil
Olive oil, specifically extra-virgin olive oil, is extremely healthy and is great for you. Some of the main benefits of olive oil are that it helps lower the risk of cardiovascular disease, so you should definitely add it to your diet.
1. It’s a powerful antioxidant.
2. It has anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce inflammation.
3. It may help reduce the risk of chronic diseases due to chronic inflammation, such as cancer, type 2 diabetes, arthritis, and obesity.
4. It can help protect blood cholesterol from oxidation.
5. It is high in vitamins E and K.
6. It has monounsaturated fat that can reduce the risk of stroke and heart disease.
7. It can lower blood pressure, protecting LDL cholesterol particles from oxidation.
8. It can improve blood vessel function.
9. It puts less strain on the kidneys and livers.
10. It won’t increase your risk of gaining weight.
11. It can reduce joint pain and swelling from rheumatoid arthritis.
12. It contains antibacterial properties.
13. It is great for all types of cooking and resistant to high heat.
Shopping for Olive Oil
There are many brands of olive oils on the market today, which can be overwhelming for you. Now that we have covered the reasons olive oil is an excellent addition to your diet, it’s time you shop for the best one.
Look for cold-pressed or cold-extracted olive oil that comes in a dark or covered glass bottle. You also need to consider how you will consume the oil because oils are better as cooking oils, while an extra virgin olive oil is best for salads or drizzling on foods.
When you have decided on a product, you need to check the bottle for the harvest date and purchase it within 15 months of that date. Check the shelf life date as well, which shouldn’t be any more than two years from bottling.
Keep in mind: When you open your olive oil, it is best used within 30 days, while cooking oils must be consumed within three months.
It’s a good idea to buy smaller bottles of olive oil at a time, so you have a chance to taste various products that will help you find the best one for you. Moreover, this will let you consume the oil within the recommended period.
Another thing to remember is to ensure that the olive oil is kept away from heat and it must be sealed tightly. Store it in a cool, dry place.
Olive Oil for Better Days
You deserve only the best ingredients when it comes to your daily diet. Now that you know the benefits of olive oil, it’s time you invest in the right product that will let you achieve your health goals.
If you’re looking to enjoy the benefits of olive oil, visit The Olive Bar in Downtown Campbell, CA, or browse our online shop. We have a fine selection of extra virgin olive oils, balsamic vinegar, coconut oils, and many more. Shop now!