Ice cream is an ideal anytime dessert or special treat. While chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry seem to dominate menus and grocery store shelves, there are plenty of less "mainstream" flavors that don’t quite get the attention they deserve.
Enter apricot ice cream with a balsamic twist. This amazing recipe combines the sweetness of fresh apricot with the mild-tartness and crisp flavor of Granny Smith Apple Balsamic in a package everyone can enjoy—ice cream!
Let’s get started! In order to begin, you’ll need to have a food processor and ice cream maker on hand. The recipe can be adapted to work without these two appliances, just account for the extra time it may take to prepare.
Apricot and Granny Smith Apple Balsamic Ice Cream
- Food Processor
- Large Bowl
- Ice Cream Maker
- Begin by chopping the apricots into slices. Place the slices into a food processor bowl, setting aside a few pieces to incorporate later. Add the lemon juice and Granny Smith Apple balsamic vinegar and process until you have a smooth puree.
- Add the sugar to the cream and milk and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved (this will take a couple of minutes). Continue stirring until you can no longer feel grains of sugar. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Combine the cream mixture and the apricot puree. Whisk together until mixed completely. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until very cold.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and run according to your machine’s directions. Once the ice cream thickens and is almost done, add in the reserved chopped apricot slices, and let the machine run until they are well incorporated.
- The ice cream is done when ingredients are well-mixed in and the texture is soft. For firmer ice cream, place in the freezer. Take it out of the freezer 10 minutes before serving to allow it to soften enough to scoop.
We want to know how your dish turned out! Post online to Facebook with the hashtag #theolivebarrecipes and tag us @TheOliveBarCampbellCA!
Visit our online shop or stop by our store in Downtown Campbell for a free tasting and experience our fine selection of Extra Virgin Olive Oils, Balsamic Vinegars, Coconut Oil, and more!