Chocolate olive oil cake? YES PLEASE!! Although the thought of combining olive oil and chocolate may sound unusual, it creates a moist and smooth cake that is hard to resist. This recipe was created for chocolate lovers who want something a tad bit healthier than using traditional butter. Whether you’re bringing this over for Easter dinner at the in-laws, celebrating a birthday, or on the prowl for something sweet, this chocolate olive oil cake recipe is sure to be a hit.
Chocolate Olive Oil Cake Recipe
- 1 9-Inch Cake Pan
- 1 Large Bowl
- 1½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- ¾ cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil We like UltraKoroneiki Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 cup Warm Water
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease andflour a 9-inch cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, olive oil, and eggs until smooth and creamy.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with the warm water. Mix until the batter is smooth and well combined.
- Add in the vanilla extract. Mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Chocolate Olive Oil Cake Recipe FAQs:
Can I use regular olive oil instead of extra virgin olive oil for this recipe?
Yes, you can use regular olive oil if you don’t have extra virgin olive oil.
Can I use a different type of flour for this recipe?
You can use a gluten-free flour blend or a whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour.
Can I add nuts or chocolate chips to the cake batter?
Yes, you can add chopped nuts or chocolate chips to the cake batter for an extra texture and flavor.
Can I make this cake ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this cake ahead of time. Once the cake has cooled completely, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Can I freeze this cake?
Yes, you can freeze this cake. Wrap the cooled cake tightly in plastic wrap and place it in a freezer-safe bag. Freeze for up to 2 months. To thaw, simply let it sit at room temperature for a few hours.
Conclusion: Chocolate Olive Oil Cake Recipe
This chocolate olive oil cake is an easy-to-make dessert that will satisfy your sweet cravings. The moist and rich texture of this cake comes from the combination of olive oil and cocoa powder. It’s perfect for any occasion, from a casual family dinner to a special celebration. You can even make it ahead of time or freeze it for later use. With this recipe, you can indulge in a slice of heaven without spending too much time in the kitchen. Try this recipe today and impress your loved ones with your baking skills!