Happy New Year! This time of the year is where people make self-promises and goals for the year. The most common of those New Year resolutions is eating healthier or loosing weight. Its not a bad thing to want to take better care of your body… because we only get one!
To help kick off your new years resolution one thing you should consider is switching out unhealthy fats for healthy ones. Although the term “fats” get a bad rep, there are may natural fats that can help you raise your “good” cholesterol and prevent the hardening or your arteries. “Bad” fats are when fats are over processed and can cause an increased risk of heart disease, stroke, and diabetes. These are often found in butter, store bought sweets and fried foods.
TIP: Consider switching out corn oil for extra virgin olive oil.
Here is a simple heart heathy recipe for avocado toast. We chose this recipe because of the health benefits of avocados. Avocados a great source of fiber.
Persian Lime Avocado Toast
- 4 Avocados
- 1 tbsp Persian Lime Olive Oil
- Thick Slices of Bread Toasted
- Truff Hot Sauce
- Peel and pit 2 avocados. Smash until smooth.
- Season the mashed avocado with the Persian Lime olive oil and Truff Hot Sauce. Combine well.
- Spread a thin layer of cream cheese on the toast. Then, add a layer of avocado mash on top of the cream cheese.
- With the remaining avocados, thinly slice them and liberally garnish the top of the toasts along with the sprouts. For extra flavor try adding sea salt or everything bagel seasoning!