This is a great main course salad for 4-6
3 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 can Black Beans, rinsed & drained
1 can Whole Kernel Corn
¼ Red Bell Pepper, seeded and chopped to a small dice
1 Fresh Tomato, chopped
½ Red Onion, diced
1 Head Romaine Lettuce, rinsed, dried & broken into bite-sized pieces
1 ripe avocado, peeled & sliced thinly
1 pkg. Tri-Color Tortilla Strips for Salads (or ½ cup crushed tortilla chips)
¼ cup + 2 Tbsp. Persian Lime Olive Oil
2 Tbsp. Coconut or Mango Balsamic Vinegar
3 Tbsp. chopped Cilantro
½ tsp. Ground Cumin
½ tsp. Chili Powder
1 clove of Garlic, minced
- Brush chicken breasts with 2 Tbsp. Persian Lime Olive Oil and bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until done. Let cool and then chop into ½” cubes.
- Make the salad dressing:
- Mix dressing ingredients together in a jar
- Shake to mix or whisk very well.
- Store in refrigerator until use.
- Combine cubed chicken, black beans, corn, red pepper. red onion and gently mix together with ½ the salad dressing mixture.
- Place cleaned and torn lettuce into a large bowl & toss gently with the remaining dressing.
- Portion lettuce onto 4-6 plates & top with the chicken & vegetable mixture.
- Sprinkle with chopped tomatoes and add sliced avocado to one side.
- Sprinkle with the tortilla strips (or crumbled chips) and serve.